Industrial vision uses light to measure. One key factor that many manufacturers of lighting systems have failed to recognize is 'diversity'. Thus - as described in the Newsletter from 26. Oct. 2000 The Imaging Source developed the modular lighting system VarioFlash. Nevertheless, modular systems require more background knowledge than for instance a simple ring light. We have therefore prepared some application examples for you. Here you will find the anwser to questions such as:
- Why should we use near-infrared LEDs instead of red LEDs?
- How can the brightness of LEDs be increased up to 20 times?
- What are the characteristics of back lighting and front lighting?
- How does the application of diffuse light avoid the problems of shiny surfaces?
- How is dark field illumination used to detect surface scratches?