Industrial vision uses light to measure. One key factor that many manufacturers of lighting systems have failed to recognize is 'diversity'. Thus - as described in the Newsletter from 26. Oct. 2000 The Imaging Source developed the modular lighting system VarioFlash. Nevertheless, modular systems require more background knowledge than for instance a simple ring light. We have therefore prepared some application examples for you. Here you will find the anwser to questions such as:
- Why should we use near-infrared LEDs instead of red LEDs?
- How can the brightness of LEDs be increased up to 20 times?
- What are the characteristics of back lighting and front lighting?
- How does the application of diffuse light avoid the problems of shiny surfaces?
- How is dark field illumination used to detect surface scratches?
As always, should you wish to speak to us about this or any other topic related to machine vision, please call us or email us.