FPD-Link III Cameras
The Imaging Source's FPD-Link III cameras feature the latest sensors from onsemi and Sony and are compatible with a wide range of M12 and C/CS lenses. These cameras offer the full functionality of MIPI CSI-2 cameras and allow cable lengths of up to 15m between sensor and computer platform.
FPD-Link III (SerDes) Camera Modules From The Imaging Source
Embedded Vision Cameras With Cable Lengths of up to 15 m Between Sensor and Platform
Affordable processing power, improved machine learning algorithms and overall reduced system footprint have increased the numbers of edge applications using computer vision technologies in areas such as automation, logistics, Internet of Things (IoT), and security.
In embedded applications, the limited maximum cable length of direct MIPI CSI-2 connections (approximately 30 cm) can be quite challenging. To overcome this limitation, The Imaging Source provides high-performance camera modules which leverage the benefits of FPD-Link III to deliver the full functionality of MIPI CSI-2 cameras.
The FPD-Link III (SerDes) bridge solution enables high-speed data transmission over distances of up to 15 m without a loss in signal integrity. The FPD-Link III protocol also allows for simultaneous data transmission, channel control, and power over a single, thin coaxial cable.
- High bandwidth and long-distance transmission: SerDes technology enables high-speed data transmission over long distances (up to 15 m) without compromising signal integrity.
- Ideal for multi-camera systems: Ideal for multi-camera systems: SerDes technology offers scalability, allowing for easy integration of multiple cameras.
- Sensors and resolutions: Sony and onsemi sensors (resolutions from 0.4 MP to 8.3 MP) with highest image quality and high frame rates (30 fps - 120 fps)
- Form factor: Bare-board with mini lens holder (S-mount for M12 lenses); front plate (C/CS-mount lenses); IP67 housing
- Low power consumption: SerDes cameras are engineered to operate with low power consumption -ideal for systems with strict power constraints.
- Free SDKs and end-user software: Complete driver packages for NVIDIA JetPack and tiscamera Linux SDK
- Triggers and I/Os: Hardware and software trigger as well as I/Os for demanding machine vision applications
- Warranty and long-term availability: 3-year warranty with continuous support
A Quick Guide to The Imaging Source's FPD-Link III (SerDes) Cameras
FPD Link III (SerDes) Board Modules
Compact board cameras for embedded vision with cable lengths of up to 15 m
The Imaging Source offers a curated portfolio of FPD-Link III camera modules with rolling and global shutter sensors from Sony and onsemi with resolutions from 0.4 MP- 8.3 MP. HDR imaging, triggering and form-factor options provide maximum flexibility for embedded vision projects.
If you are interested in integrating FPD-Link III cameras into your next embedded vision project or would like help selecting other vision components, please contact us.36C Series
36C Series (IP67 Certified)
SerDes Cameras With IP67 Housing
IP67-certified housed cameras for embedded vision with cable lengths of up to 15 m
Dustproof and waterproof, IP67-certified FPD-Link III cameras provide the full functionality of MIPI CSI-2 cameras and allow cable lengths of up to 15 m between sensor and computer platform.
To ensure full IP6K6 and IP6K7 protection, the cameras must be used with the correctly mounted, original lens tube and The Imaging Source cables with IP67-certified FAKRA connectors.36C Series